[VHFcontesting] Sequence

Keith Morehouse w9rm at calmesapartners.com
Sun Jan 28 15:36:36 EST 2018

Or, West is First.

I think most MSK144 meteor scatter ops know this now.  The question was
concerning FT8 where it seems the current standard is "any time, any
direction, any sequence".  FT8 being mostly a sporadic E mode, where the
band can be open in several directions at once, it gets a little more
complicated to have a 'standard'.  Then, add in the European chaos when
there is multi-hop E.  They haven't shown any tendency to standardize
either.

If North American ops want to take the lead on FT8 standard sequences, I
suggest keeping it the same 'West is First' or 'Beaming East is Even'
standard we've had for meteor scatter for a long time.

-W9RM

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner
Calmesa Partners G.P.