[VHFcontesting] Very poor contest in FN55

Alex alex at kr1st.com
Wed Jun 13 09:15:10 EDT 2018

Hi Paul,

I thought activity was lower than usual on two meters, too. Or at least in my area. I added a panadapter/band scope to my 2m rig last year and kept seeing the same 3 or 4 traces of the stations I already worked in the first few minutes of the contest. Even on digital on 2m I saw very little activity.

I held off adding 432 for this contest because I was afraid it would add maybe a handful of Qs which really isn't worth the investment, especially if 6m would open. And boy, did it open and turn the contest into just another HF contest.

73,
--Alex KR1ST (FN21fk)