[VHFcontesting] Very poor contest in FN55

N6Ze n6ze at aol.com
Wed Jun 13 21:46:48 EDT 2018

1800pdt 14jun18

Hello Dave, in Maine, brother of k1wht, wa2zzf, and others from the Twoer days when we were kids in the 60s.

Dave, your comment: “I am rapidly losing interest in VHF & it breaks my heart.”

Brought real tears from my 71.4 year old eyes. I began as kn1fjm in newton, mass (9 miles west of boston) in 1963 with a Twoer & HyGain 3 element indoor yagi: working k2hla on long island was repeatedly a thrill.
I still love 2 meter ssb even after this many years of operating from Elizabeth City, NC; Homestead, FL; Thousand Oaks, CA; & Clinton, WA.

To all of us old farts, please refuse to let vhfing morph to ft8 and the disuse of voice modes just as the 2 younger generations have done with their “I-Whatevers”

Bt73
Pete  N6ZE/K1FJM

Sent from my iPhone