[VHFcontesting] K1DY 432 Sprint from FN54

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 4 10:56:56 EDT 2018

Well that was very interesting... Worked the first two hours and the last hour. The band seemed in really bad shape most of the time BUT I did make some long haul contacts with my barefoot FT991A (50 watts).

Final tally was 8 QSO's in 7 grids (and 7 states!)

best DX was K1RZ at 553 miles. Next was K3TUF at 470 miles. Did not work my own grid or anything north or east. tried with W1GHZ right at the end for another grid/state but we ran out of time. I can normally work Paul easily so that's how the band was.. kind of "selective"..

Anyway thanks to all who got on..

bill, K1DY in FN54 Maine