[VHFcontesting] Testing IC-7300 for TX power overshoot

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Thu Oct 4 13:19:44 EDT 2018

This may be old news, but I wanted to see if my IC-7300 had the key-up
power spike that's been reported on other Icom rigs when the power
output is turned down.  The short answer is that I don't see any sign of
overshoot, so this rig should be safe to use with amplifiers or
transverters that want the wick turned down.  (Of course, you can still
blow things up by forgetting to turn the power down...)

Details and pretty screenshots at https://blog.febo.com/?p=321

73,
John