[VHFcontesting] Contest This Weekend

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 6 23:02:55 EDT 2018

Hello everyone.  The W4NH Fourlanders multi op team will once again be
operating from Soco Bald in NC near Maggie valley.  EM85.  We will be active
on the four lower bands (6M, 2M, 222MHz and 432MHz) with stacked beams and 1
kw TX power.  We will be loud from the 5000+ feet mountain top.  We will
also be operating some higher bands.  We will have 1296 MHz and stacked loop
antennas on that band.  A couple of hundred watts TX I believe.  We may also
have other bands like 5 or 10 GHz.  I don't have any details on that.  We
will be running all the modes both analog (CW and SSB) and digital (FT8,
MSK144, JT65).  Be looking for us on the bands this weekend.

73

Jim, W4KXY