[VHFcontesting] Busy times during VHF contests

nosigma at aol.com nosigma at aol.com
Mon Dec 16 18:07:05 EST 2019

Jeff,

What bands, what modes, and where are you located?

FT8 6m will almost always have signals nationwide.

FM is local and will be hopping (relatively) in central Virginia near Harrisonburg and upstate NY around Rochester.

The NE, Philly and north is always good.

If you live in an urban ditch ( like I do) it's always bad. If you drive to a remote mountain top to operate (like I do) it's always good on SSB until the middle of the night.

The first couple hours are usually very good on all bands and modes.

It's like real estate, location location location.

That's not much help but if you give the modes, bands and location folks can be more specific.

73
John
KM4KMU