[VHFcontesting] Good Test of WSJT 2.0 in NA VHF Contest mode

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 20:08:15 EST 2019

I just made a successful test of the software using FT8 this afternoon.   As advertised, it handles my /R complex callsign just fine.
The great thing about it is that it is compatible with others who aren't in the VHF Contest mode.   The QSO takes a little longer, but no
big deal.   The sequencer handles it great on both ends.

One thing to remember for this weekend:  Do NOT insist on seeing the 73 message.   Once you have a two way contact with grids - YOU ARE DONE.
Dont sit there sending 73 over and over again.

As a rover, my mode preference  for local contacts would be SSB.   It makes moves to bands so much easier, and is so much faster than FT8.  In Southern
Calif during June VHF, it seemed like everyone was on 6m FT8.  Was my worst score ever as a rover in June VHF.

I plan to rove from northern DM04 in the Central Valley (Lebec, beginning of contest beaming north), DM04 in Glendale, DM03, DM13 and DM14.

I will be on APRS using an app on my phone.  You can track me on APRS by searching for N6GP-10, or follow this link:
https://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FN6GP-10&timerange=3600&tail=3600

Have fun everyone and be safe,

Tim N6GP/R