[VHFcontesting] FT8 to USB/CW

Duane - N9DG n9dg at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 1 09:22:27 EDT 2019

I run one panadapter setup about 25 kHz wide to cover both 50.313 and 50.323. I also have an RX on 50.323 in addition to 50.313 for FT8 work because sometimes international DX FT8 activity will be on 50.323. I can run multiple WSJT sessions when there is activity on 50.323.
Additionally I have the second panadapter setup for about 200 KHz of spectrum that spans from about 50.050 to 50.250 to watch for SSB/CW and beacon activity. In that panadapter I have the 3rd RX to tune around with for things that I see.
So I can quickly jump back and forth between FT8 and SSB/CW as activity and conditions warrant since I can watch/listen to all of it simultaneously.
Once FT4 fequency is established on 6M I willsetup the 4th RX for that so can add that to the mix of modes and frequencies I can keep track of. So it is never a FT8 OR SSB choice for me. It is always an FT8 AND SSB style operating.