[VHFcontesting] KG6CIH/R plans

Chris Lumens chris at lumensoutdoors.org
Fri Jun 7 20:42:01 EDT 2019

Well I wasn't quite sure I'd be able to go roving this time but assuming
I can get these power cables crimped together, I think it's gonna
happen.  I don't like to post times for when I expect to be places,
because I never stick to it anyway.  Here's the general plan:

Saturday:

* FN31tx, Soapstone Mountain CT
* FN41cu, Jerimoth Hill RI (state high point, whooo)
* FN42ac, Dresser Hill MA

Sunday:

* FN43cx, pull off on the side of NH 118 near Mt. Moosilauke
* FN44??, not really sure what I'm doing here but hoping for some
  contacts to the north
* FN34wa, I-91 rest area in VT
* FN33xi, Sunapee high point NH
* FN43cd, quick stop to grab any locals on microwaves.
* FN33wb, another quick stop to grab locals on microwaves.
* FN32??, very brief stop by the side of the road to grab the grid mult

Gear:

* 6m - 100W, moxon
* 2m - 50W, 7el
* 1.25m - 100W, 11el
* 70cm - 35W, 15el
* 33cm - 2W, PCB yagi
* 23cm - 2W, 14el
* 13cm - 2W, PCB yagi
* 3cm - low power, horn antenna
* laser pointer

I will be doing SSB, FM, and terrible CW.  I don't have any provisions
for digital modes at the moment.  All contacts will be uploaded to LOTW
after the contest.  I'll be on APRS as KG6CIH-9, and if you want my
phone number to call or text please privately email me.  I don't really
want it posted in a searchable mailing list archive.

--
Chris Lumens - KG6CIH
Hike * MTB * XC Ski * Haskell