[VHFcontesting] VE3SMA NOT Rover this time!

sjkavanagh1 at yahoo.ca sjkavanagh1 at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 7 22:54:34 EDT 2019

I hope I can remember not to sign /R!

Logistics for a serious rove didn't work out this weekend, so I will try Single Operator Portable (QRP) for the first time.  I'll have something on all bands from 50 MHz to 24 GHz (plus light if I can find space for it) and will operate from FN03bi, a site which I have used as a rover for many years.

I hope to have FT8 running a little bit (probably just on 6 m, but in theory I can do it on 222 and 432 as well), but computer battery issues will limit the time I can spend on this mode.

The QRP power limit will mean I am weaker than normal on 6 & 2, about 3 dB down on 222, and no change on the higher bands.

73,
Steve VE3SMA