[VHFcontesting] Field Day, FT 8 and Six Meters

Buddy Morgan beamar at aol.com
Sun Jun 16 13:54:07 EDT 2019

It appears that every radio club, in the country is going to have FT 8 stations, for Field Day, this year. The Lakeland (Florida) Amateur Radio Club asked me to "handle" the 6M FT 8 station. Something that I noticed, in last week's VHF Contest is that people were operating FT 8 and totally neglecting CW and to a certain extent, SSB. Even with NA Contest mode, you can still make contacts much faster using CW. When signals get strong, switch from FT 8 to CW. This will help everybody's score. Also, remember there are two 6M FT 8 frequencies. During the VHF Contest, everybody was on .313.

Buddy WB4OMG