[VHFcontesting] FT4 Mode

Scott Armstrong aa5am at vntx.net
Thu May 2 14:41:17 EDT 2019

The short answer...  yes.

I always go LP (100w) in most of the VHF contests because I can't compete
with the guy down the road that has the KW and stacked beams.  I find it
true lots of times when trying to work a run station that I end up waiting
in line to work the guy.
Usually because propagation is favoring some other area or has his beam
pointing somewhere else.

The flip side of that coin is also true.... If I try to get a run going ,
it is usually short lived and can't be sustained so find myself calling
endless CQs with no replies.   All this chews up the QSO rate.

-Scott AA5AM

-Scott AA5AM