[VHFcontesting] FT4 Mode

Jonesy W3DHJ mailserver at jonz.net
Thu May 2 20:49:50 EDT 2019

On Thu, 2 May 2019, Jay RM wrote:

>The 'need for FT speed' reflects the huge QSO/hour
>disadvantage FT8 has vs SSB when the band is open.

Ya, I know the jargon: "Q-rate".   But these are NOT QSOs.   A QSO is
where the other op tells me their name, their home town, what rig and
antenna they're using, when the were licensed, what other hobbies they
have, etc., uzw.  And, in turn, I do the same.
(Yes, I eschew that in the contests.)

This digital crap is little more than drive-by paint ball shooting.

Anyway, if you want DM87 you probably need to get it via SSB or my
wretched CW.

Jonesy W3DHJ
--
<pre>  Marvin L Jones     | W3DHJ      | W3DHJ  | https://W3DHJ.net/