[VHFcontesting] SG Labs 903 MHz Transverters

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Fri May 10 11:41:35 EDT 2019

I was curious how well these performed.

Currently I am using a W1GHZ transverter board for 902 MHz. I got the LO
board, too, and use a phase-locked 94.75 MHz crystal oscillator with it. I
also built the WD5AGO LNA preamp. I have a module I bought from someone
years ago that puts out 10 watts on 902 MHz with 1 mW (0 dBm) input that I
got for $10. I think the whole transverter probably cost less than $100. It
could be simplified by using a DIGILO, which would make it cost somewhat
more but requires less effort in construction. This transverter has been a
great performer for me.

73, Zack W9SZ