[VHFcontesting] FT4

Ed Parish k1ep at mgef.org
Tue Sep 17 09:54:11 EDT 2019

We (W2SZ) didn't see any FT4 at all on 6M and made 2 Qs on FT4 on 2M.
Switching between WSJT and SSB/CW on 6M was much easier this contest.  In
June on 6M I used two radios and two computers. This was okay but still
required some "thinking " on the part of the operator. This contest, the
integration of WSJT and N1MM seemed to work better. I used one radio and
one computer. The only thing I had to do was kill the N1MM decode window
when I wanted to switch back to analog. Logging was fine and dupe checking
worked. Had rig control and audio DVK from computer sound card. Pretty easy
setup and operation.  Just no propagation.