[VHFcontesting] 144.237 won't work... more thoughts

John Kludt johnnykludt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 18:36:39 EDT 2019

Paul,

This is clearly a regional discussion.  Here in EM84 you could shoot the
proverbial canon through most of the 2 meter weak signal band and not take
out anyone.  Not that that is a good thing but it is what it is.

Just curious - how wide do you set your panadapter?  I know on 6 we
routinely monitor from the beacon band through 50.360 MHz or there abouts.
This allows us to watch for new beacons, watch for CW/SSB signals and
monitor the digital hot spots.  If it is there we will see it.  Not being
the 2m band captain I am not sure of the exact 2m panadapter bandwidth
settings but I know they are similar.

John