[VHFcontesting] more V/UHF operating and contesting

Roger - W7TZ ai7rogerroger at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 19:09:15 EDT 2019

The various threads and comments by the many recently have stirred some
activity juices in me. My QTH is poor for v/u ops even during contests, so
the majority of my contesting is done from the back of an old utility
pickup on a mountain top. But I've decided to erect another mast and mount
my spare 432, 222 and 144 contest yagis at home. Combined with my tower
mounted 6m antenna I can be more active outside of contests especially
throughout the winter months. I need to improve my cw skills and there's
also plenty of opportunity for ms.

With regard to sitting in a comfy chair and contesting using a remote
station and a tablet while watching football, I'd sure do it if I could. I
think one needs to consider those who still have HOA issues but take
advantage of being able to remote their station. We should feel grateful
they've made the effort to stay active.

73, Roger
W7TZ
CN83ia