[VHFcontesting] New 3 Band Station for January: KO4ECD

nosigma at aol.com nosigma at aol.com
Mon Dec 28 21:42:46 EST 2020

All,
Nothing like a good QRZ page to get folks interested in VHF contesting from a below freezing mountain top in January.
Brian, KO4ECD, another avid off roader, expects to be working at 4,100ft from the border of Virginia/North Carolina on the east side of I-81 running full power and beams in the 3 Band Category.  Its icy and cold up there so do what you can to make it worth the pain and keep the enthusiasm up.

I expect him to post his plans and 6 digit grid in the next week.  Please try to work him.  I expect to pass him as many contacts as possible on FM and SSB from FM08JL where I will be working.  He will have FT-8, SSB and FM.  Nothing like some non-competitive team work to boost scores.
So excited for January, my FM white whale is lurking out there.
73JohnKM4KMU