[VHFcontesting] [VHF] Kenwood TS2000 ACC2 power out

Bob Fischer bobw2sj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:34:40 EST 2021

Hi John,

I also have this problem with My-TS-2000X and will be watching here for any
solutions. It's one of the older units and has never had any firmware
updates. I talked to SignaLink about it, and their thoughts were to check
the audio set-up in the computer for proper settings. I also have used the
SignaLink with an IC-746 Pro and it did the same thing. If I hook it up to
my Yaesu FT-450 it works fine. This all certainly adds to the confusion if
it's the radio/radios, or just a setting as Signalink suggested.

All that being said, I have made many FT8 & MSK144 contacts with the power
ramping up in the first couple seconds of transmit, no matter if the signal
strengths are strong or weak between the stations I have worked.

GL es 73!
Bob W2SJ