[VHFcontesting] FT100D

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 12:58:43 EDT 2021

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 11:54 AM WM3M <wm3m73 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It has a Data jack which is a 6 pin mini din, same as the old PS2 mouse
> connector.  All you need for sound card connection is on this data
> jack.  The other one is a 8 pin mini din it too would work for sound
> card connection.  It is available at Amazon, but 6 pin mini din is
> easier to find or buy, use a mouse or keyboard extension cable, cut it half.

The manual posted seems to say that the FT-100D has both types, the
Yaesu 8-pin (mini DIN, I assume) as well as the "standard" 6-pin
mini-DIN "DATA" jack.  See WA8LMF's page at the link I posted for his
commentary on the standardness of this standard.  :-)

I am, as I type, trying to figure out why I can't get audio from
either the Main or Sub DATA jacks of my IC-910 into the computer's
audio ports ...  Since the builder of the breakout box for said ports
is ... me ... this is not a surprise!