[VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] Scheduling Multi-band QSOs in June VHF...

Ed Kucharski k3dne at comcast.net
Sat Jun 12 10:05:21 EDT 2021

Agree completely with Gerry!
"There is life beyond FT8"
I'd love to see an increase in legacy (SSB,CW,FM) modes in this contest. Last June I was boringly working FT8 and a SSB voice came on frequency stating 6m was open on SSB. I QSY'd and went on to work over 400 SSB QSO's on 6m and had a blast! So much more rewarding (for me) than working digital.

I'll be on from EM94ae SC 6m and 2m with a KW and single yagis (unfortunately only at 25 and 30ft.) on both bands. I'll be looking for SSB/CW activity on the top and bottom of each hour and during the activity hours (see bellow). I'll try to remember to self spot.

73,
Ed K3DNE
EM94ae