[VHFcontesting] Oh, well......

Rich Arland k7sz at live.com
Mon Jun 14 18:21:15 EDT 2021

This is the first VHF test I have tried entering in a number of years. All for naught.

V/UHF station here is very Spartan: ICOM IC-202S for 2M and IC-402 for 70cms. Antenna: 13 el Yagi at 70ft. No 70cms antenna (yet). Power output: 2-3 watts PEP CW. OK, stop laughing....stop it right now!! I do have an 80W linear amp but it is not hooked up due to a massive amount of remodeling in our hovel.

The ONLY thing I could hear was the K4UHF beacon on 2M. The 2M Yagi is pointed NW and the rotor control box is the fault. Gotta get that fixed one of these days.

At any rate, I will enter the next test with the ICOM IC-706 MkII G and run a bit more power.
It is still fun to read all the contest comments.

Vy 73
​​
Rich K7SZ

Radio Blog: https://commobunker.blogspot.com/

QRP ARCI, G-QRP, NoGA, SEDXC, WWDXC, PARG, M-QRP-C, SKCC, MRCG, Barrow ARC & Colonel, Wyoming Valley QRP Commandos.
QRP ARCI HoF 2002
Author: ARRL's Low Power Communications, all 4 editions.
QST QRP Editor 2000-2004