[VHFcontesting] KX6A/R contest plans

Michael Geoghegan michael at gigavox.com
Thu Sep 9 17:36:35 EDT 2021

Hey folks -

I'll be roving in the contest this weekend and would appreciate the opportunity to get you in the log.

My estimated schedule (all times Pacific):

* Sat 11am - Glider Port - La Jolla CA, DM12
* Sat 1:30pm - Coastal Peak Park - Newport Beach CA, DM13
* Sat 4pm - Signal Hill - near Long Beach CA, DM03
* DM04 - time permitting

* Sun ~9am - Grapevine Jack in the Box with N6GP/R - DM04
* Sun ?? - DM05
* Then either North to Kettleman 4 grid corners or back to LA Basin - play by ear.

Antennas:
Moxon on 50MHz,
Yagis (horiz) and whips for 144MHz and 440 MHz
Whip for 220 MHz - FM only

Modes:
SSB, CW, FM and digital on 6, 2 and 70 - FM only on 220MHz.
Prefer voice SSB/FM if at all possible - especially for local contacts. But I expect to use digital at each stop.

I will try to post locations as I arrive to the vhf uhf page at n6sjv.org <http://n6sjv.org/> and Rover Slack. Also on APRS KX6A-7 (if I remember.)

Good luck to everyone!

73

Mike - KX6A/R