[VHFcontesting] WZ1V 2M Sprint

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 21 14:05:32 EDT 2021

144 MHz Fall Sprint - 2021

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V
Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN31RH
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total: QSOs = 62 Mults = 26 Total Score = 1,612

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:
Good activity and conditions. Spent first hour and half SSB-CW, had some nice
contacts right off the bat. K2CKA FM06, K1DY FN54, and K1HC FN53 had great
signals. WA3DRC was stomping in from FM28. Worked KJ4ZYB FM07 for I believe the
first time ever. I could tell some of the guys out west a ways were struggling
with my low power, so switched to FT8 to chase grids. Was pleasantly surprised
to find many grids well represented, multiple stations on from FM06, FM07, FM16,
FM17 etc., even worked KO4LZ FM05. Unusual for me to work all grids from FN30
through FN35, usually miss at least one. TNX for the QSO's.
Station: Yaesu FT-991A, 140 Watt amp, 14 element homebrew yagi at 60 feet.
(sent 2M KW for repair 2 weeks ago but Fedex lost somehow - more bad luck).

73 Ron WZ1V