[VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] 222 activity night

David Olean k1whs at metrocast.net
Thu Mar 17 09:06:36 EDT 2022

Hi Alex,

Conditions this time of year really are "the pits".  It was very
interesting to see the band change as the weeks progressed and the
atmosphere changed with the warmer weather.  Having a regular 222 night
really shows off this fact. Honestly, there are some times when you
start to think that something is broken, but it is just some very deep
fading.  When those better days appear, it is a happy time.

I am working on getting some gear back up on the hill.  I am hoping to
be on for the next Tuesday.  I walked up there yeaterday. The antenna
has survived the winter storms, and the shack looks good. (No mice
debris)  I am very happy about that.  I can't wait to start hooking up
the gear again!!  CU all next week I hope.

Dave K1WHS