[VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint K1DY

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 6 11:12:53 EDT 2022

Hi all, Not a bad night. Folks were saying how bad conditions were but I didn't find it to be that bad. Certainly a real slow but deep QSB slowed down a few qso's but, hey, if it was EASY we'd be doing something else, right?

Anyway I worked the first hour, and then again most of the 9-10 hour (had to get on at 9 because Jeff, K1TEO, was "pulling a K1DY"). I worked 13 QSO's in 9 grids. Best DX was Al W9KXI in FN12 at 422 miles, next was Andy N2NT in FN20 at 402 mi. Spent most of that last hour trying with W1GHZ, in FN34. We both heard each other but just not enough for a QSO. QSB was SEVERE at that time! Sorry Paul!

All contacts on SSB and CW no FT8. Thanks to sponsors and all who got on!

bill, K1DY FN54JQ, central Maine