[VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint -- K3SK

k3sk at buckwalter.co k3sk at buckwalter.co
Thu Oct 6 12:48:45 EDT 2022

K3SK   QSOs = 8    Grids = 8     Score = 64

Propagation south of the Mason Dixon Line was near non-existent except for a
couple very brief openings in the last hour of the sprint.   I was also
quite surprised at the lack of activity in MD , PA and Northern VA.   I
worked 1 SSB contact, heard zero CW stations and made the other 7 QSOs using
FT8.  The SSB was my only "south" direction contact, with K2CKA (FM06), at
53 miles.    Longest contact was K9MRI (EN70) at 442 miles followed by K1TEO
(FN31) at 390 miles.

I need to get my preamps on the tower and maybe something better than LMR400
for the top bands.   With the crank-up/tilt-over tower I can't use hardline
as I did at my previous location.

de K3SK
Dave Buckwalter
FM07 - Farmville VA