[VHFcontesting] Mt. Washington NH & Acadia National Park- Cadillac Mount

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek jeffpc at josefsipek.net
Thu Oct 13 12:38:49 EDT 2022

(snip lots of good info)

On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 10:26:57 -0400, Howard Reynolds wrote:
> I have been told (not verified) that one problem with operating from Mt.
> Washington is that the summit is above the tropo layer which could be a
> problem with that propagation mode.

As "interesting" as it'd be to be above it, the troposphere over NH is
something like 50 thousand feet. ;)  With that said, I totally believe that
the summit is above many temperature inversions in the area which are the
cause of tropospheric ducting.

Yes, I'm nitpicking the wording a bit ;)

Jeff (AC1JR)