[VHFcontesting] Mt. Washington NH & Acadia National Park- Cadillac Mountain - Eastern Nantucket VHF Operation

Ed Kucharski k3dne at comcast.net
Thu Oct 13 17:28:02 EDT 2022

Hi Chris! I've op'd from Block Island (FN41), Cape Cod FN51 (near the Marconi site) and from Mt. Washington (with K1TR multi back in '98 the link tells it all... Awful wx!  https://www.qsl.net/k1tr/contesting/vhf0698/vhfcontest.htm
In FN41 and 51 I was operating in the QRP portable category and did pretty well.
http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Contest%20Records/2016/2016%20September%20Contest%20Records.pdf
Scroll down to the Single Op Portable Class (Q) and look for WB2DNE/1.
Hard to attract attention as people were beaming away from me a lot of the time. Both times we (my xyl and myself) rented a cottage and used a marine deep cycle battery to power the rigs (to keep within the QRP portable category rules at the time). We extended our stay the week after the contests and made them both in to a nice vacation. We were fortunate that the wx was excellent the following week!
73,
Ed K3DNE