[VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Activity Night Warning!!

David Olean k1whs at metrocast.net
Tue Sep 13 13:58:48 EDT 2022

Yes, I know everyone is beat after the September contest, but it is 222
Night again. This seems to happen every Tuesday and I see that there has
been rain today, so it must be 222 Night!!  Pete, K1PXE, has noted that
rain or T-showers have been plaguing 222 activities here in the
northeast on most Tuesdays.  So everyone is all tuckered out from the
weekend and the weather is not so hot. HEY!! That is not stopping me. I
will be on 222 MHz looking for contacts starting at about 2300 UT. I
will Start at 222.100 MHz when things are quiet, and then move off if
things get allegedly busy.

There is an added bonus this Tuesday in that Peter KA6U wants to test
out his portable EME setup for 222 this evening as well.. He promises to
be QRV at 0300 UT on 222 MHz and will be monitoring the HB9Q 222 MHz
Chat page. I looked at Moon headings for this evening, and the Moon will
be around 20 degrees elevation on the East coast at 0300 UT. That time
seems to be Moon rise in the mountain states.  There will be a bunch of
BIG signals on for this evening. WA4NJP has his dish all fine tuned for
the evening. It is so large that it is indicated on all the aeronautical
charts for Georgia. I am not sure, but I think he has been cited by the
EPA for causing birth defects in baby eaglets. (They get cross-eyed).

Tuesday night will be a great time to hash out with your friends, about
all the DX you worked over the contest weekend. ON4KST (144/432 Region
2) Chat page is good for setting up skeds over longish distances. So a
lot is happening this evening.  It is 222 Night. KA6U is testing out his
portabopple EME setup, and Lance, W7GJ is on 50 MHz from Mayotte looking
for new QSOs via EME on 50 MHz.  Oh yeah....K1PXE says it will be raining!

73

Dave K1WHS