[VHFcontesting] WZ1V 10 GHz Contest

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 19 16:27:16 EDT 2022

ARRL 10 GHz and Up Contest - 2022

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V
Class: 10G Only
QTH: FN31TH
Operating Time (hrs): 4

10G: 14 3213
24G:
47G:
75G:
123G:
134G:
241G:
Light:
-------------------------------------
Total: 14 3213 Total Score = 3,213

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Team:

Comments:
First weekend operated in front of my house for 10 minutes
to work the four on Block Island, the azimuth just
happened to line up straight down the street, so no trees.
Second weekend setup in an Old Saybrook CT park overlooking
the mouth of the Connecticut River. Got 10 in the log
between 10 AM and noon, no contacts completed after that.
It had good takeoff South to East to NE, but nowhere else.
Best DX was to W1FKF and KA1NKD in Maine, 255 km.
Couldn't operate Sunday due to other commitments.
Still looking for a decent spot near my home to operate,
Hammonasset is too crowded on nice days so it was out.
2 Watts to an offset dish. Thanks for the QSO's and the tries.

73 Ron WZ1V