[VHFcontesting] 2m Sprint FN55

Paul N1BUG FN55mf paul at n1bug.com
Mon Sep 19 20:14:57 EDT 2022

I had 12 QSOs in 9 grids during the first hour. Conditions seemed pretty
good and it was going well... until the output relay in the amp stopped
working again. Stray RF floating around put the computer into chaos
where mouse clicks resulted in completely random events. I managed to
brute force shut down and restart the computer, fooled with the relay
only to have it happen not once but twice more. I packed it in at that
point.

When I get a day that I have nothing else to do, I will pull the amp out
of the rack, pull the relay, disassemble it and mess with it again.
There never seems to be any reason for it refusing to activate, but
usually after taking it all apart and putting it back together it will
work for a few weeks.

Hopefully I will be on 222 tomorrow night.

73,
Paul N1BUG
FN55mf