[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night

Howard Reynolds wa3eoq at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 09:37:28 EDT 2022

When K1WHS posted that he would only be running 25 watts, I figured that
the path would be a bit dicey.  However, when he came on with 100w (same as
my Pout) I knew there would likely be no problem working him; and there
wasn't.  W1AIM had a very nice armchair copy signal from the same general
area.  WZ1V may have been a bit weaker than usual but solid.  Dana, VE3DS,
from Toronto was loud and KO4YC was his usual S9+ on SSB.  Garry, N1GC's
signal from EM95 was very solid S5ish per usual.  However, I keep trying to
work AJ6T but zip on both cw and FT8.  Also came up empty with AA9MY.  Tnx
all for keeping the hype up for 222MHz. WA3EOQ