[VHFcontesting] IF Radios & XTRs

Kevin Hobbs ve3kh at icloud.com
Mon Jan 16 10:29:30 EST 2023

Hi

I have a Flex 6600M and a number of XVTRs connected to its XVTRA RXA ports
with external switching controlled via the Flex IO USB

*	8 CH Relays to control DPDT coax switch to select between a Kuhne
144 XVTR (which is the IF for 10 24 47 GHz XVTRs) and a Q5 5-Band XVTR

My issue is that when I change VHF+ bands via the Flex, it resets my freq,
panadapter etc to default settings and so I can switch back to where I was
when running the bands because the Flex thinks it all 28MHz and even though
it handles all the XVTR's it doesn't have any band memory / persistence for
XVTRs. This makes running the bands and going back and forth to coordinate a
feal nuisance.

Does anyone have a workaround or know if some other HF IF rigs handle this
better ie: K3 or K4 ???

73 Kevin VE3KH