[VHFcontesting] IF Radios & XTRs

Terry Price terry at directivesystems.com
Mon Jan 16 10:40:15 EST 2023

Hi Kevin,

Don't know about the K4 but I have four K3's and they remember every VHF
band so when I QSY say to 222.100 and then to another band, when I come back
to 222, it is on 222.100 and the same mode. The K3 supports 10 VHF bands so
one radio can do 50 MHz (native) through 10GHz and the dial shows the
correct frequency. Each band can have a frequency correction of +/- 5 KHz
(maybe 10 I can't remember) and the band data is standard BCD that is also
mirrored for HF. There is a separate control line that goes low when low
power transverter mode is selected so you can differentiate between HF and
VHF and there is a PTT output, all of these signals are available at the
HD15 acc connector on the back. So you can cover 160m through 10 GHz all
automatically with the right BCD decoder setup. If you get one with the
internal 2m transverter, it can be set up to cover bands from 902 and up as
an I.F.

73,

Terry - W8ZN