[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night 090324

PHIL MIGUELEZ philnuf at aol.com
Wed Sep 4 11:38:09 EDT 2024

The post Labor Day holiday activity on 222 was very lite this week. Conditions were average at best and QSB seemed to only become a problem when you were trying to work a particularly weak signal contact.
K8RYU (EM99) and I had another unsuccessful Tuesday evening contact attempt struggle. I can hear Ralph just barely above the noise on most transmissions but so far, we have not had conditions good enough for him to copy more than bits and pieces from me.
The night ended early at 0030 as most stations wandered off and the band went silent. Looking forward to the 2M Fall Sprint coming up on Monday and an extensive week of operating activities and contests on the horizon.
I finished the evening with 11 QSO's and 9 Grids and even had a new initial contact with WM3M (FM19). Always happy to find a new station joining the fray on 222 Tuesday.
Phil NUF

| WZ1V | FN31RH   |
| WB2VVV | FN41CR   |
| WA2LTM | FN20rh   |