Byterunner PCI Serial Port Cards

Bruce Lifter wt4i@palmnet.net
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 21:48:22 -0500

Byterunner now offers PCI serial port cards. I have
been using their ISA cards for the last few years
with good success. I have not tried their PCI cards.

From http:/www.byterunner.com:

> The following card's serial are addressable to IRQs 3-15
> and require only 1 IRQ. The card is available with 16550
> or 16750 UART chips. Settable to COM1-COM99. Settable
> clock frequency to support fast data transfer rates (up
> to 921,600 bps). Card uses an octopus cable which plugs
> on the back and fans out to 4 DB25 serial connector
> cables (the cables are about 5 inches long, so you will
> probably need to plug a 25-pin male to 25-pin female serial
> cable on to the cables to extend the length.) 32-bit
> PCI-bus. Plug & Play. Card designed for use with DOS,
> Windows 95, 98 & NT 4.0. Drivers for these operating
> systems are included.

The PCI cards are about double the price of the comparable
ISA cards but at least they are another option. If anybody
tries the PCI cards, please let the rest of know your
findings.

73, Bruce

--
Bruce Lifter, WT4I