Rttyrite Tuning Indicator

Michael_Joens@Millipore.com Michael_Joens@Millipore.com
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:30:19 -0500

Well, I can read the W1AW bulletin, even without the indicator. Of course,
that's a booming solitaire signal.  I also tried to use RITTY, and that
works fine, too. The only thing that's not working is the tuning indicator.

Yes, RITTY copies some stuff that I can hardly hear. I never set up the
F-keys because is loses them every time it times out. I got pretty good at
using restartting the program when it times out, without losing much of
what the other station sends. The filtering in RITTY is phantastic, and I
want to see what WL can do. I do prefer the Windows environment, especially
since RITTY can't run in a window due to its graphical indicators. The
autotune in RITTY is nice, and I like the filter options it has. Once
autotune locks on a station, you just hit the space bar to keep it from
jumping around. I'm really curious to see how WL/Rttyrite compares to RITTY
in terms of useability and weak-signal copying.

WL's Lissajous indicator resembles what I used to use when I did RTTY on a
mechanical machine with active audio filters in the early 80's. Compared to
the real thing, it looked pretty crude when I saw it last week, but not
getting it at all is, obviously, worse.

73,
Michael, K1JE

---------------------- Forwarded by Michael Joens/NA/Millipore on 10/27/98