[WriteLog] Interfacing with a notebook computer

Paul Young young@young.lkg.dec.com
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 17:19:05 -0400

I'm trying to interface an IC-706 with a notebook computer.

CW and computer control are easy.

RTTY is also easy except that I have to decide whether to feed the
sound card from the speaker-level audio or from the fixed level
audio available on the accessory jack.

The problem is with SSB.  My PC does not have separate mic and
line inputs - there's only one input jack.  It's not unique to mine
as I've seen several other notebooks that also have the same thing.

I would like to use the notebook as a voice keyer as well as being
able to record audio from the receiver.

Has anyone built such an interface?

                                  Paul, K1XM