[Re: [[WriteLog] PSK center frequency]]

Ted Roycraft roycraft@research.att.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:19:55 -0400

If you do that then you have to indicate whether you are using
USB or LSB also and the observer of this spot is going
to have to do a couple of calculations to figure out where
to put his dial.  Isn't it more fundamental to give the
***actual*** frequency of the PSK31 signal.  Anything else
is arbitrary and requires several other pieces of information
to nail it down.  I suspect you are going to say that everyone
should standardize the offset to 1000Hz and USB but this places an
unacceptable handicap on programs like Digipan (and at least one other)
that let you tune quickly to a PSK31 signal by clicking on
a spectrum trace of the signal.  Spot with the actual PSK31
frequency - please.

73, Ted, W2ZK