R: [WriteLog] R: WriteLog - new contest modules

IK2RZP Gino Zambaiti angelo.zambaiti@galactica.it
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:07:50 -0000

Keith
please e-mail me the shell so I also can work on scoring.
Anyway, the free DOS software distributed by the commitee works on DBF
format and it should be possible to use WL during the contest ( and all
wonderful possibilities for a mixed mode operation, SSB,CW and RTTY) having
the multiplier situation updated in real time, and in post-contest calculate
the score using the DBF file and the DOS freeware.
In the meantime I want to thank you for your effort and sensibility on this
argument.
Maybe thank to this discussion in the future will be simple and fast have a
"tailored" contest module.
Ciao from Italy
IK2RZP -contest call IO2A-
Cu next in contest
Gino
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: owner-writelog@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-writelog@contesting.com]Per conto di Keith Regli
Inviato: mercoledì 26 aprile 2000 4.11
A: Writelog@Contesting. Com
Oggetto: RE: [WriteLog] R: WriteLog - new contest modules

Gino,

Maybe since the reflector isn't too busy these days we could start a
conversation of people who have tried the kit.  I got it running and created
a shell for the ARI contest last week.  I had hoped to work on the scoring
part last weekend, but had to do other things and ran out of time.  The
documentation is a bit sparse at this point, so it will take some guessing
and trial and error.  If anyone has figured out how to do the scoring part
I'd like to hear about it.  I doubt we can make it by this weekend, but by
next contest season maybe we could have a few folks who are up to speed on
making new modules.

	Keith WB6BIG