Fwd: Re: [WriteLog] Dummy needs setup help

jduerbus@marz.com jduerbus@marz.com
2 Aug 2000 06:28:27 -0700

Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Dummy needs setup help
To: ae4ei@powernet.org
From: k0bx@qsl.net
Cc: writelog@contesting.com
Date: 02 Aug 2000 05:54:28 PDT

Hi Dennis, glad to see a new user.  I think that  you will enjoy Writelog as it is Windows based.  But TR-Log is an excellent contest program

There is not much to hooking up Writelog for CW.  All of it is in the on-line manual.  But there are two websites that maybe helpful.

http://www.w5bbr.com/pttfsk.html

Will show you a nice little interface for the ptt and fsk.  I am using this with my TS-850S.

http://www.qsl.net/k0bx

Will show you a few circuits for the cw keying.  If you had TR-Log working on CW keying, the same interface will work on Writelog.

Good Luck.

Joe K0BX

On Wed, 02 August 2000, "Dennis" wrote:

> I'm a TR-log use to be and just installed my new Writelog.
>
> I want to to know is how to set up my cw portion.  I would like to be able
> to rx/tx cw.  Rig is knwd 850, knwd IF-232c interface, computer is a dell
> dimension t750, and use a montego II sound card.  I can connect either by
> LPT or com port.  What do I need to do and where do I start.  Any and all
> comments, suggestion or even "hey stupid" try this, is welcomed.
>
> Dennis, W4DWS
>

> --

k0bx@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html