[WriteLog] newbie RTTY problem

k0bx@qsl.net k0bx@qsl.net
13 Aug 2000 19:48:59 -0700

Hi there maybe a simple solution for this.  Check the following:

See the documentation of that
device
for information on connecting the PK-232 to your computer.  If
WriteLog will
not communicate with your PK-232, it may be necessary to do the
editing described below.
Using NotePad edit C:\Windows\writelog.ini  as follows:
In the file, go to the section labeled [Ports].
Look at the line for the Com port you intend to use.  It will look
like this:
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x
Check to be sure all parameters are correct, then Delete the final
x (but not
the comma).  It should look like this:
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,
Click on File, Save.  Then open WriteLog; this should allow
your PK-232 to communicate with WriteLog.

There are other hints and kinks on my webpage
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx

please let me know if this helped.

Joe K0BX

On Sun, 13 August 2000, "Leonard Kay" wrote:

> I'm trying for the first time to get WL set up
> for RTTY, and I'm having a problem that I'm sure
> has a simple answer.  :-)
>
> I have a PK-232. I open the RTTY window and select
> my COM port from the Ports menu. Then I select
> PK-232 from the TU menu, and a box pops up saying
> "Initializing Host mode, Please wait".
> But the initialization always fails.
>
> My serial port is set up correctly, and my PK-232
> performs flawlessly with DX4WIN, so I know it's not
> a hardware problem.  Any ideas?
>
> Tnx & 73
> Len K1NU
>

> --

k0bx@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html