[WriteLog] SARTG RTTY this weekend

Don Hill aa5au@msn.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 22:32:24 -0500

For all you WriteLog contesters waiting to try your hand (or fingers)
in a RTTY contest, this weekend is the SARTG RTTY contest.  You
can work any station and there are band multipliers.  Number districts
in USA, VE, JA and VK also count as multiplier on each band.

This is a 24 hour RTTY only (no psk31) contest that starts at 0000Z
on Saturday.  It runs for 8 hours, then there is an 8 hour off period
for everyone, then 8 more hours of contest followed by another 8
hour off period and finally another 8 hour contest period that eventually
ends at 1600Z Sunday.  Here are the times for the contest:

0000-0800 UTC Saturday
1600-2400 UTC Saturday
0800-1600 UTC Sunday

What's nice about this format is that everyone operates at the same
time.  And if you operate the entire contest, you can come across
the pretty neat band openings you may not know existed.  If the numbers
are right, you can hear some pretty interesting stuff on 15 meters in
the middle of the night some times.

Unfortunately there is no low power class in this contest, but everyone
can use the packetcluster which means we can have fun using our
bandmaps and Packet Spots windows available in WriteLog.  If you
are using DXTelnet with WriteLog, you can filter out the CW and SSB
portions of the bands and receive only the RTTY spots (except on 40M
where you get SSB and CW spots all over the band).

You can find rules on any of the following pages:

http://www.rttyjournal.com/rules/sart.html

http://home.online.no/~janalme/htmlrules/sartg.html

http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/sartgtty.htm

For rules and results of all RTTY contests check:

http://www.rttyjournal.com/3rindex.html

Unfortunately I'm on call at work this weekend but I'll be in there as much
as I can be.  Hope to CU there!

73, Don AA5AU