[WriteLog] Couple of Questions

Mike Wolfe mwolfe@interaccess.com
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 18:59:42 -0500

Just a couple of questions that perhaps someone has already run across.

I am going on a as yet unannounced DXpedition later on this year and my
group plans on using Writelog networked across three stations.

1. What is the upper limit on the number of QSOs in a log? There seems to
be 4 places in the sequence field, but I am uncertain if 9999 is the limit.
Without a doubt my team will have in excess of 9999 QSOs.

2. I believe I have seen this question, or concern recently, but did not
find it in the archive. One of our ops is a die hard cw guy and has been
using CT for many...many years. He wants to know if there is anyway to edit
the previous QSO without having to go to the mouse. I believe this was much
easier in CT (I have not loaded it in 2+ years due to Writelog). I can
definitely get this guy to buy Writelog if there were an easy way to edit
the entire QSO, not just the field that the cursor (mouse) is currently on.
Perhaps a keyboard shortcut is in order that would bring up the last QSO
logged by the particular computer (not the last one in the log as that may
be by another computer on the network).

Any thoughts or observations would be appreciated.

Mike
N9WM