[WriteLog] Pse help get windows back

WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 22:32:02 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "W. Wright, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
To: "'Marty Tippin'" <martyt@pobox.com>; "'WA9ALS - John'"
<jfleming@shelbynet.net>; <writelog@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2000 11:41 PM
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Pse help get windows back

> Marty's suggestion probably won't work in version 10.
> In version 10, WL saves the window positions in the .WL file.
> You can tell it to NOT recover those positions by holding
> down the CTRL key while it opens the file. This applies
> whether you use the Browse dialog box, or the most-recently-used
> list.
>
> Wayne, W5XD

Using the CTRL key like Wayne suggested solved the problem - THANKS!
The first time I tried it, all the windows appeared like they should -
none missing like before.  Then I exited without saving the log.  Sure
enough, next time I brought that log up, the certain windows were
missing and "not-gettable" as before.  Quit, started over again holding
down the control key, then SAVED the log, and now when reopened, the
windows are fine.

Apparently there's some "junk" accumulating in the ini file that has no
meaning anymore...?  Like the v9.x registration code and maybe some of
these window settings...

Thanks to all that responded!  73