[WriteLog] Radio Setup FT990

Barry Kutner w2up@mindspring.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:32:08 -0500

John,
I have both an FT-990 and FT-1000D I use with WL. Both are
connected the same way. To key the radio, there are two basic
1. Push in the VOX button on the radio. This will let you use it in
semi-break-in mode on CW and VOX on SSB, and you don't need
a PTT connection.
2. Go into WL Setup|Ports and activate PTT keying and choose
your port. Hook this up to one of the several inputs on the back of
the radio that close the PTT.
Personally, I use method 1. For RTTY, I do use the PTT line.
73 Barry W2UP

Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com