[WriteLog] Rig Control & PTT

Jerry Flanders jflanders2@home.com
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:46:59 -0500

Buy one of the serial port manual switch boxes (and another cable to
connect from it to the rig). They are double-cheap at hamfests, but you pay
$20-30 at OFfice Depot type places.

They are big cnough to let you easily work inside to find the DTR/RTS lines
and solder a tap to it, and run the tap line out a crack/hole in the box.
In mine, I would have plenty of room to build the opto interface into it.

A bonus is that you can use the switch to provide serial port access to
another device when you are not hamming.

Jerry W4UK