[WriteLog] Do you have an ICOM rig and want PTT support over the PCcontrol port?

David Rich kg0us@swbell.net
Wed, 09 Feb 2000 20:27:10 -0600

Hello Wayne,

I would like to report a problem with the present ICOM driver when operating
split with the IC-775DSP.  The split function does not appear to function
properly through Writelog.
As an example:

Let us say that the main VFO is set to 14.230 MHz and I would like to operate
split on 14.255 MHz for some strange reason.  In Writelog I click on the Entry
menu and then select Split.  I enter 14255 and click on the OK command. The main
VFO on the IC-775 will then switch to 14.255 MHz for a very brief time and then
the the SUB VFO will activate in SPLIT mode flashing four times indicating that
this is the transmit frequency.  The main VFO then switches back to the original
14.230 MHz and the SUB VFO in SPLIT mode stays unchanged at whatever frequency
was selected during a previous session.

This is not a big deal to me right now but it would be nice for it to work
someday.  It may be that I am not doing something correctly.

Thank You and Keep up the good work,

Dave Rich KG0US